Under normal circumstances, our spring beauty and wellness picks would include things like a poppy red lip color, a pastel nail polish, fool proof self-tanner, maybe even a detoxifying smoothie recipe. Obviously this is not your typical spring! We’re all homebound, stress levels are higher than usual, and our wardrobes consist of stretchy pants and house slippers. That said, there are still a few items our editors have sworn by the last few weeks. From a moisturizing hand sanitizer to silk scrunchies, each item on this list can enhance your daily routine.
- Joya Zing Tea, $38 ($0.95 a serving): Ditch your afternoon coffee in favor of herbal tea. Joya’s supports both digestion and immunity with ginger, licorice, and adaptogenic astragalus. We’ve also been sipping Glow, Joya’s Turmeric Elixir Blend. The caffeine-free golden beverage has turmeric, ashwagandha, astragalus and pine pollen – all known for their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. We love mixing it with steamed oat milk for an evening treat.
- Release & Manifest Kit by ADELFI Stationery, $43: This unique time at home is the perfect opportunity to look inwards. Adelfi’s boxed set features palo santo, matches, and two journals: one for releasing what doesn’t serve you any longer and one to manifest your future goals. In the first journal, write down what you want to release. Tear out the page and use a match to burn the paper, or release those thoughts. Once that space has been cleared, write down your manifestations. Tear the page out and keep it somewhere safe. It’s a great practice in mindfulness!
- Authentic Beauty Concept, $28: This new hair care line is vegan, clean and cruelty-free. There are 3 collections: Hydrate for dry hair, Glow for colored hair, and Replenish for damaged hair. Each collection has a cleanser, conditioner, and mask, and all are free from microplastics, mineral oil, parabens & silicone and artificial colorants. Snag it on Ulta.com and reemerge from shelter-in-place with your healthiest hair yet.
- Alpyn Beauty Melt Moisturizer, $60: Keep this on your nightstand to use as the final step in your evening skincare routine, and wake up with super hydrated skin. The clean moisturizer features bakuchiol, a plant-based ingredient that’s similar to retinol. It will encourage collagen production and diminish the appearance of fine lines. This moisturizer is weightless, so you can also use it in the morning before applying makeup. (Though, who is wearing makeup these days?!)
- Gaia Herbs Black Elderberry NightTime Syrup for Immune Support, $21.99: Elderberry is traditionally taken for immune support. When paired with California poppy and lemon balm, you get a little immunity boost along with a great night’s sleep. The added stress we’re all facing these days can both compromise immunity and cause plenty of restless nights, so this has been a handy one-two punch each evening.
- Love Dirty Hand Sanitizer, starting at $12.50: This hand sanitizer was actually in the works way before the pandemic. Founder Jason Daniels has long suffered from eczema and wanted a product that would kill 99.99% of germs without wreaking havoc on sensitive skin. Love Dirty comes in a chic, refillable pod and the solution has prebiotics, which limit regeneration of bad bacteria and deliver healthy bacteria for balanced and smoother skin.
- MYK Silk Scrunchies Set, $29.99 for 3: If you’re like us, it’s all about air-dried hair and top knots right now. Avoid breakage with a softer hair band! Silk cuts down the friction, protecting your strands while also looking super cute. MYK offers tons of colors, but we love this one since it reminds us of an Aperol Spritz. Cheers!