The general consensus among our peers is that despite all the extra time at home, we’re feeling more sleep deprived than ever. Turns out, there’s a science behind it. The pandemic is giving people vivid, unusual dreams. It’s stressful and quite frankly, exhausting. How about reinvesting in your evening routine? Ditch the Twitter feed! Instead of the endless scroll, you can spend the last hour of your day readying for a great night’s rest. Here are a few of our go-to’s to unwind:
- Palo Santo Room Spray by Skeem Design: Available at the MacArthur Market, this room spray will mentally transport you directly to MacArthur Place, a beautiful Sonoma hotel we love. Palo Santo is a therapeutic fragrance, known for warding off bad energy. It smells a bit musky, with sweet citrus notes along with mint and pine.
- NakedCashmere Ballet Slippers: These slip-ons are crafted from 100% pure cashmere. There’s a lightly padded footbed, so you can wear them around the house, but they’re flexible enough to kick your feet up at the end of the day.
- Pom Pom at Home Throw: Made with 100% linen, this is the perfect lightweight addition to your summer bedding. It’s cozy yet cool, and the copper stripes will add nice visual texture to your room.
- Riley Home Linen Sheets: The look of linen is certainly a draw, but it’s the feel of these euroflax Belgian linen sheets we love. It’s lightweight and breathable, but the super soft garment washed finish makes these sheets quite cozy.
- Eberjey Woven Sleep Shirt: You know how great you feel when you wear your favorite dress or that perfect pair of jeans? To be honest, it’s the same with pajamas. We’re firm believers in ditching your old college t-shirt in favor of more elegant sleepwear. A beautiful sleep shirt like this one should be in your rotation – it’s a great way to start and end the day.
- MYK Silk Eye Mask: Did you know silk has natural skin benefits? It’s smooth texture has been shown to prevent sleep wrinkles. It also is less absorbent, so it won’t dry out your skin or absorb skincare products. These masks will block out light while protecting the delicate skin around your eyes – win win!
- Vena CBD Soaking Salts: An evening bath should be as much a part of your routine as that morning cup of coffee. This soak is formulated with pure CBD isolate, eucalyptus oil, and jojoba oil. It’s great for hydrating skin, soothing sore muscles, and getting a major moment of zen.
- Fvith Candle, Hollywood Hills: Lighting a candle at the end of the day is a fantastic ritual. It can quite literally “set the mood” with soft candlelight and a romantic aroma. This fragrant option by Fvith Candle will transport you to California. Best enjoyed with your favorite album!