Interior designer Crystal Palecek has a lifelong passion for beautifying spaces. Whether it’s creating a beautiful home or workspace, or even setting the table for an event, she brings thoughtful care to details big and small. We are so excited to welcome our co-founder back today as she shares her 2020 holiday table. Though your gatherings may be small, they should be special. Read on for Crystal’s top tips:
- Just as I do when I’m designing a room, I paid close attention to mixing materials on my table for a layered look. The green linen napkins were my jumping off point. From there I added woven placemats, wooden candlesticks, ceramic trees, and leather napkin holders.
- No table is complete without something living in my opinion. Whether you bring that in through a flower arrangement or garland like I did, greenery is the essential element that truly brings a table to life!
- I’m a big believer in planning ahead to eliminate day-of stress. I recommend setting the table the night before and doing all your grocery shopping and prep a few days ahead.
- If your holiday dinner recipe is a more labor intensive one, then opt for a simple breakfast and lunch to keep things easy on you. For my family, I’ll be serving hearty slices of panettone bread for breakfast, and bagels and lox (paired with champagne for the adults) for lunch. Dinner will be a more time-consuming seafood cioppino so I’ll save my energy for that!
- With many of us forgoing gathering with friends and family this year, we could all use a little extra cheer this holiday season. I believe in the healing properties of beauty, which is why it’s more important to me than ever to create joy for my family through an inspiring surrounding.
- Bringing beauty to others is one of my greatest joys. It evokes hope in our hearts and calm in our minds. I can’t think of a better way to end 2020 than sharing a delicious meal with my nearest and dearest as we sit around a beautifully decorated holiday table reflecting on the year we’ve had and feeling hopeful for the year ahead!
Sources: Table Runner // Placemats // Napkins // Napkin Rings // Wooden Candlesticks // Taper Candles // Ceramic Trees // Dishware // Cheeseboard // Name Cards & Cards with Calligraphy