Though airlines have been taking strict precautions to help slow the spread of Covid-19, we have to admit we’re not ready to fly just yet. 2020 is unexpectedly and officially the year of the road trip! With a little bit of planning, you can safely satiate your wanderlust. Here are a few essentials to consider before hitting the road:
- Hedley & Bennett Mask, $22: Hedley & Bennett is actually known for their chef-favorite aprons, but the second the pandemic hit, they leapt into mask-making action. They’ve partnered with Rifle Paper Co. for a super cute collection of washable and reusable masks. A few added bonuses: they were developed in concert with Dr. Robert Cho, a pediatric orthopedic surgeon at a local children’s hospital, and are designed so that you can insert a disposable filter for an added layer of protection. And, a portion of each sale will go to support Baby2Baby’s relief efforts. Love that!
- Janessa Leone Hat, $230: Protect yourself from the sun’s rays with a cute hat and forget about the fact your hair salon has been closed for months. We love the minimal and chic silhouette.
- ROAM Customizable Luggage, starting at $495: ROAM’s premium suitcases are totally customizable — you can choose everything from the color of the shell to the zipper. You can even add a monogram! Designing one will have you excited for your next far-flung destination, and the compact size options will fit perfectly in the trunk when you head out on the road. (Not feeling creative? Choose from their pre-designed options here.)
- Megababe Cucumber Mint Shower Sheets, $12: If you’re opting to avoid hotels, these handy sheets will be a lifesaver at the campsite. You can clear away sweat and grim with a swipe.
- Dada Snacks, $42 for a pack of 6: Now is not the time for gas station snacks. Dada makes inventive, healthy snacks like honey glazed umami cocktail nuts or cheesy cauliflower popcorn florets. Health food has never been so fun!
- Stojo Collapsable, Reusable Cup, $20: One of the key things to consider when traveling during Covid is that you shouldn’t rely on coffee shops or restaurants, unless you know what precautions they’re taking. Bring your own cups, straws, or utensils to be extra careful. With Stojo’s cup, you can stay hydrated on the go — it fits nicely in the cupholder, and collapses for easy storage in the glove compartment when you’re not using it.
- Coco & Breezy Sunglasses, $325: What’s a road trip without a great pair of shades? We’re big fans of this Black-owned business and can’t wait to add another pair to our collection.
- Snowe Outdoor Blanket, $35: It’s perfect for a picnic, and great to cozy up with when you’re not sure how often the Airbnb’s throw blankets are being washed.
- W&P Porter Mug, $25: They say it’s great for coffee, but we say fill it up with some rosé before you head out for a sunset stroll. Crafted with durable ceramic and wrapped in protective matte silicone, it’s a high-quality replacement for disposable, plastic or metal to-go mugs.
Psst… want to win a few of the items listed here and more?? Enter Dada + Paravel’s Sustainably Decadent Picnic Experience giveaway here.