Trade shows are a way for designers, store owners and editors to see whats going to be out this season before anyone else. That’s how designers stay ahead of the curve with their projects, retailers get you wanting that shiny new object and us editors help you navigate the world of cool hunting. Heading to an event like High Point Market keeps you ahead of the curve, but we’ve been given the privilege of seeing what’s hitting the show even before it starts. This week we’re going to give you a taste of what is hot off the workshop floor – our first instalment is a selection of some of the most stylish pieces soon to be seen and touched by you at High Point. Here’s what we’ve selected:
1. This robin’s egg blue velvet stool by ELK Group International brings us back to the days of glamorous powder rooms and perfumes sprayed with a bulb atomizer. The creamy gold base is simple enough to feel contemporary and current.
2. Now-a-days bold artwork is key to giving a space a cutting edge look. This piece from Bad Dog Editions would turn a room with mostly neutral furniture into a Parisian style pied-à-terre.
3. The Everette Faux Bois Dining Table by Four Hands is not only stylish but practical. Gray is completely in this days, and the fact that it isn’t actually wood but concrete means that you won’t have to worry about rings.
4. In our latest issue we asked Joanna Gaines what living beautifully looked to her. We think this pillow is her answer to that question. In collaboration with Loloi, Joanna has outdone herself and designed a piece that we’ll be coveting for months to come.
5. Lighting is like the jewelry of the home. We fell in love with the Raquel Prism Lamp by Gilded Home because it takes that concept even further. The faceted resin base and brass finial make it look like a piece from Alexis Bittar.
6. For those of us that like a hint of traditional but still want our spaces to feel current, the Colette Desk by Ave Home is designed with Neo-Classical references but has been left unfinished for a more casual feel.