In the blink of an eye, it will be time for outdoor entertaining — think summer soirées and patio parties! Lifestyle expert and talented designer Emily Henderson has partnered with California’s Clos du Bois wines to celebrate the launch of the new Lightly Bubbled Chardonnay and Rosé. “I am all about the ‘art of easy’ decorating and firmly believe it doesn’t take a lot of time or money to host a fabulous warm weather gathering,” Emily tells us. “One easy way to elevate any get-together and help it feel personal is to offer a variety of fresh flowers and just a little floral wire for guests to create their own unique floral wine charms.”
This DIY is not only practical — Emily laughs, “I love Clos du Bois’ new Lightly Bubbled Chardonnay and Rosé and the handmade wine charm keeps anyone from stealing my glass! — but it’s a beautiful and memorable way to get your guests involved in the party. Read on for the how-to:
Materials for Festive Floral Wine Charms:
- Thin floral wire, cut into 5” pieces
- Wire cutters
- Floral tape (white or green preferred)
- Seasonal flowers
- Stemmed wine glass
Directions for Festive Floral Wine Charms:
- Select 1-2 flowers or greenery that will be used as your “charm”
- Cut flower stems down to ½” lengths
- Begin wiring your stems by piercing through the stem perpendicularly, then folding the wire down the side of the stem and wrapping it around the stem to form a “wire stem” (if your flowers have a hollow stem, pierce all the way through the stem up into the bud of the flower then fold the wire down ¼” and pull down tight so that the wire grabs onto the bud of the stem and the hook hides within the petals)
- Hold the blooms in your hand and wrap the flowers and wire stems with the floral tape creating a mini arrangement with the floral wrapped stems. Clip any access wire or sharp ends with the clippers.
- Wrap the floral arrangement around the stem of your glass and enjoy!