Earlier this month, we partnered with Anna from In Honor of Design and makeup artist Brielle Brenner to show you how to conquer the Perfect Red Lip. Today, the dynamic duo is back with another beauty challenge- perfectly tousled waves! Take it away, gals:
Waves that look full and easy aren’t always easy to achieve. We are breaking it down into 5 simple steps to make your upcoming nights out less stressful. Pretty soon, your girlfriends will be wondering who does your hair! – Anna
1. Start by spraying the Kenra Thermal Styling spray and comb it through so it covers most of your hair’s surface. TIP: Kenra Thermal Spray has a hairspray like consistency and too much on damaged or fine hair can cause knotting, so err on the side of “less is more.”
2. Tease your roots all around the crown of your head with your teasing comb. Make sure to carve out a “safety” section first and pin it away, so that when the tease is in, you can disguise it by laying the hair you reserved (safety section) over it.
3. Use your curling wand to curl sections of your hair away from your face. Starting mid hair shaft will create a more relaxed “wave” look
4. Finish off by using your comb or fingers to lightly brush out the curl from underneath, and tease a little throughout the hair for a more glam look.
5. Spritz some hairspray around the waves, and VOILA!
Kenra Thermal Styling Spray
OR Tresseme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray
Medium Hold Hairspray (like Garnier Fructis Anti Humidity Hairspray)
Teasing brush or comb
Curling wand or 1 inch curling iron