When it comes to wellness, there is a lot of information out there. It can be overwhelming for a novice — or at the very least, overwhelming for someone who just wants to live a mildly healthier life. I have tried quite a few products over the years, from fancy facial massagers to activated charcoal, and many of them end up collecting dust on a back shelf. However, these 7 are my tried and true. They’re worth the hype and then some, bringing me closer to my goal of a “healthy-ish” lifestyle:
- MegaFood B12 Ginger Gummies: When it comes to energy, B12 is king. The vitamin helps to keep nerve and blood cells healthy, supporting cellular energy production. When you’re deficient in B12, you can feel tired and lethargic. These gummies are made from real ginger root and have just the right amount of flavor to feel like a treat! I’ve seen a big difference in my energy levels since incorporating them into my routine.
- Onyx & Rose CBD Balm: Cannabidiol (or CBD) is getting a lot of publicity these days, but for good reason! It’s an active ingredient in cannabis derived from the hemp plant, and has been shown to help reduce inflammation, aid with exercise recovery, and boost your mood. This balm is 100% THC free –seriously, you won’t get stoned–and made with all-natural beeswax and a blend of eucalyptus and lavender essential oils so it smells great. It’s helpful for achey joints, but I use it for lower back pain and cramps during my cycle. It’s a lifesaver!
- Onyx & Rose CBD Oil: I’m clearly on a CBD train, but it’s a miracle-worker! This oil has officially replaced my afternoon cup of coffee. I put a dropper full under my tongue for about 60 seconds and then swallow. It helps calm my anxiety and makes it easier to focus. Again, it’s totally THC free.
- Counter Culture All-Purpose Non-Toxic Cleaner: A cleaner that doesn’t destroy bacteria? It sounds counterintuitive, but Counter Culture’s probiotic cleaning products are powered by millions of good bacteria and the beneficial compounds they produce. They clean surfaces, eliminate smells, and work to balance the bacteria in your home. This particular cleaner makes my countertops sparkle, and I feel good about not bringing harmful chemicals into my kitchen.
- Gaia Golden Milk: Believe it or not, I’ve replaced my nightly dessert with this healthy beverage. It’s made with turmeric, ashwagandha, cardamom, date palms, and vanilla. The mixture is an Ayurvedic recipe that’s said to support the mind and body. I mix it with some steamed oat milk (it tastes sort of like a chai latte) and it’s the ultimate wind-down at the end of a busy day.
- MegaFood Turmeric Strength for Whole Body: Another turmeric superstar! The root is said to support a healthy inflammation response, and I love that this one is made with BioPerine®, a patented black pepper extract that helps support the absorption of curcumin. (It’s hard for your body to absorb otherwise — something to think about when ordering a turmeric latte!) My skin is easily inflamed, and I’ve seen a positive difference when taking this regularly.
- Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer: I may have saved my favorite for last! Everyone should be adding collagen to their diet. The protein’s amino acids provide the building blocks for hair, skin, nails, bones, joints, and other connective tissues. I’ve been adding this creamer to my coffee every morning, and not only is it super tasty, it’s nice to know that my usual AM vice is getting a healthy boost.