2018 is already off to a great start, with the Las Vegas Market shaping up to be one of the most memorable markets yet! From January 28-February 1, design industry royalty will descend upon Las Vegas – think product debuts, informative (and entertaining!) panels, networking, parties, and so many new trends.
If you’ve thought about attending LVM in the past, don’t hesitate! Here are 5 reasons you can’t miss it:
- This year, internationally acclaimed architect and Pritzker Prize recipient Frank Gehry has been named the 2018 Design Icon by Las Vegas Market. As Robert J. Maricich, chief executive officer for International Market Centers, said, “Frank Gehry is indeed a design icon in every sense of the word. His buildings have taken architectural boundaries to new levels, encouraging professionals and the public to rethink any preconceived limitations about what architectural design can be.” The 2018 Design Icon presentation will take place on Tuesday, January 30, at 3 p.m. in the WorldView Room, 16th floor, Building B. The event will include an overview of Gehry’s work and a Q&A session with Maricich. Admission to the presentation is free and open to Las Vegas Market attendees.
- There are more than 4,000 furniture and home décor lines on an easy-to-navigate 5 million-square-foot campus, so inspiration is literally around every corner. This is where trends debut, and it’s the place to make sure you’re on the pulse of what’s next.
- Any Flipping Out fans out there? We adore Jeff Lewis and are looking forward to his new collection with Alder & Tweed and presentation, which will include an audience Q&A to follow. And if that’s not enough, there’s a meet and greet after that! It all starts Monday, January 29 at 1:00 PM.
- You can enjoy everything that Las Vegas has to offer! Work hard, play hard… right? Catch a show with your colleagues on the strip, enjoy a Michelin star meal, or have a relaxing morning at the spa before your flight home. It’s the best kind of “work trip” possible!
- Finally, the Best of the West panel never disappoints. It offers an exclusive look at West Coast style, which is really changing the interior design industry as a whole. Moderator Ryan Saghian, of Ryan Saghian Interior Design, will lead a curated panel of taste-making influencers and designers – including Audrey Woollen of Urbanic Paper Boutique, Olivia Korenberg & Jenn Pablo of Two Fold LA, editorial prop stylist & producer Heather Bullard, Ginny Macdonald of Emily Henderson Design, and Kelly Nutt of Kelly Nutt Design.
What happens in Vegas won’t stay in Vegas this time, and that’s a good thing! We always leave inspired and with a wealth of knowledge for the year ahead. (Not to mention, a few new product lines we love.) Online registration is easier than ever. We’ll see you there!
Visit lasvegasmarket.com to register, search for vendors & events, and book hotel & travel accommodations.