Contrary to the rest of the world and its modus operandi, January is a very busy month for the design industry. There are many events vying for our attention and attendance, but for us, here at Rue, there’s one that stands out: The Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market at AmericasMart (this year from January 8th-15th).
It’s not just that Atlanta is a city that is overflowing with wonderful restaurants and cocktail bars (although that does sweeten the deal), it’s a show that offers so much to those of us in the industry in the form of educational seminars, exciting events, and a rich array of products. To keep it plain and simple, here’s our list of the top 5 highlights of this upcoming January’s Market:
- This year’s educational seminars will inspire your business: at the top of our list is Anna Bond from Rifle Paper Co.’s chat with our Managing Editor Kelli Lamb. This year, she has collaborated with top rug company Loloi for an exclusive collection and will be sharing her journey from a freelance graphic designer to a mega-successful entrepreneur. It will be a chance to get up-close and personal with someone who has channeled her creativity to create a standout brand.
- Travel to Italy for an Aperitivo: AmericasMart has some of the best parties. Don’t miss out on La Dolce Vita, a soirée to take down some tips from entertaining expert and author Annette Joseph on crafting the perfect Italian aperitivo (and the opportunity to enjoy one as well!) along with The Next Food Network Star fan favorite Kelsey Nixon who will be there signing her newest book. It’s a great chance to network, enjoy light bites and music at the end of the day!
- Follow trend-setting personalities in Shop the Show: speaking of Annette Joseph… she along with a selection of cutting-edge designers, such as Mat Sanders and Brandon Quattrone of LA’s Consort Home, will be sharing their top selects from the show.
- Get your spa-day in: after a full day of seeing hundreds of products that get your creative mind going, you could use a little R&R. AmericasMart has got you covered with their Wellness & Rejuvenation Lounge. Indulge in a massage and refreshing drink while you ponder over your next business decision.
- New & expanded showrooms are coming this January: amongst them are brands like Kevin O’Brien (known for his very elegant throw pillows) and Scents & Feel, a brand that has brought the Turkish towel into the mainstream, perfect for accessorizing your projects.