As a Los Angeles resident and West Coast native, one of my favorite semi-annual events of the year is Las Vegas Market — the most comprehensive home furnishings and gift market on this side of the country. This January 27-31, top designers and tastemakers will descend upon Las Vegas — scoping out what’s new in the industry and determining the top trends that will emerge in the months to come. It’s innovative and inspiring, and totally encompasses everything I love about living and working on the West Coast!
As an editor, I particularly love this market because it’s super easy to get to (a quick hour flight from Southern California, and less than two from other West Coast cities) and it’s a lot of fun once you’re there. No sad room service here, folks! Top chefs from across the globe have set up on the strip, so you’ll be able to work hard and play hard in equal measure.
Still curious if a market like this is for you? Designers, you’ll want to attend because not only can you source for projects, but there’s the opportunity to attend seminars and earn CEUs, not to mention meet and network with top industry experts. At #LVMKT, you’ll spend time with designers you admire and top vendors who can be a huge asset to your business.
I’ll be touching down in Vegas on Sunday the 27th and am already planning my perfect itinerary. Here’s what can’t be missed:
- Check in at NOMAD LAS VEGAS: A boutique hotel in Vegas? This is one that must be seen to be believed… and once you get eyes on this gorgeous spot, you’ll never want to leave. The NoMad brings the refinement of a European home to the new Park MGM, and is a design-lovers paradise. Think luxe leather headboards, claw foot tubs, and lots of velvet.
- Carb-load at EATALY: Once you’ve settled into the prettiest room in town, head downstairs to be instantly transported to Italy. If you’ve never heard of it, Eataly is a vibrant Italian marketplace that’s a foodie’s paradise. Think cafes, sit-down restaurants, cooking demonstrations, and tons of shopping.
- Alright, up and at ’em for your first day of #LVMKT! Catch the complimentary shuttle to World Market Center. These are the showrooms you can’t miss:
- 3:00 PM: Best of the West Panel
- Join REstyleSOURCE and me (Kelli Lamb) for a lively chat with some of the region’s top designers and tastemakers: Wendy Blackband of BlackBand Design, Laura Umansky, of Laura U Interior Design, Lindsey Borchard, Owner of Lindsey Brooke Design, Amy Bartlam of Amy Bartlam Photography and Lexi Westergard of Lexi Westergard Design.
- 4:30: Best of the West Wines Tour Celebration
- Meet me and the other panelists for a happy hour featuring some of the West Coast’s best wines. Cheers!
- Dine at CATCH: The perfect place for Asian-inspired sushi, seafood, and steak. And dare I say it… the spot you’re most likely to see your favorite celebs!
- 11:00 AM: Pantone Presents – Color of the Year 2019
- Join Tom Mirabile, Pantone Color Institute Trend Team Contributor, as he reveals the key color trends for 2019. Plus, get an inside glimpse into the selection of Pantone’s 2019 Color of the Year – PANTONE 16-1546 Living Coral. (0.1 CEU)
- 12:00 PM: Touring the Trends with Rue
- Join me on an intimate guided tour through the Pavilions, I’ll share my favorite finds and the gift, home decor, lifestyle and handmade trends that you won’t want to miss! (Be sure to RSVP, as space is limited.)
- 1:00 PM: 2019 Design Icon Retrospective
- This is one of the market’s signature events! The Design Icon Award honors an interior designer or architect who has made significant contributions to the industry throughout their career, and this January will pay tribute to Timothy Corrigan, Roger Thomas, Larry Laslo, Christopher Guy Harrison and Vladimir Kagan.
- Dine at CIPRIANI: I’ve never wanted to live in a restaurant more. This new hotspot, designed by Florentine architect Michele Bonan, is full of old Hollywood glamour in the form of glossy walnut and chrome accents, plush seating, and terrazzo floors.
If you’ve not yet register for Las Vegas Market, you can find all details here. Once you’re registered, be sure to take advantage of LVMKT’s online directory search & market planning tools. You can peruse over 500K products (and plan which ones you want to see in person) before you even touch down in Vegas — pretty cool! See you there!